The GrowSmarter project is about how cities with smart environmental technology solutions can create more jobs and grow, while becoming more energy efficient, easily walkable and attractive to residents.
The objectives of the project were to:
- Improve the quality of life for European citizens with better mobility, housing and quality of urban infrastructure while increasing the economic benefits by lowering energy costs and creating as many as 1500 new jobs.
- Reduce environmental impact by lowering energy needs by 60 % and increasing the use of renewable energy thus reducing GHG emissions.
- Create sustainable economic development by demonstrating and preparing a wider rollout of smart solutions.
The team at CENIT provided:
- Coordination of the mobility measures in Barcelona.
- Evaluation of a platform of goods distribution, a smart taxi stand and the use of the MFD theory to improve traffic congestion.
Client: European Commission – H2020 Lighthouse Project