The plan to boost the Sustainability of Road Freight Transport 2021-2023 includes measures to improve its prestige and strengthen it as a sustainable sector from an economic, social and environmental perspective. The road freight sector in Spain is highly competitive, with limited margins. Thus, the Secretary of State has requested technical support to define measures to promote business concentration
in the land transportation of goods, how to improve robustness and competitiveness, as well as studying potential aid to companies in the sector to address sustainability and digitization challenges.
The team at CENIT provided:
- Diagnosis of the structure of the road freight sector from existing studies.
- Analysis of the structure of the sector at European level.
- Analysis of the cost model of companies in the sector.
- Depending on the size of the business, analysis of the challenges that companies face with regards to sustainability and digitization.
- Proposal for regulatory measures, including fiscal measures, to promote concentration of the sector.
- Proposal for the framework of possible aid or incentives to promote business concentration, as well as possible aid to investments in sustainability and digitization.
- Proposal for awareness-raising, transitional measures and to conceptualize digitalization aid.
Client: Ministry of Transport, Mobility and Urban Advent (MITMA)